Elements of a Mobile-Friendly Website.
Always remember that a website for mobile marketing must be designed for visitors using their smart phones or tablet PC’s. These visitors are typically on the go and they need instant results.
These are the features you want to have in a mobile-friendly website:
- It’s smaller, to fit on the small screen of a mobile device
- Focuses more on key points
- No large blocks of text
- Has large navigational buttons to make it easy to find what you are looking for
- Fewer graphics; less distracting
- Include a phone number that makes a call when clicked on
There are two important things you have to remember when designing a web page for mobile users:
Make your site uncluttered and fast loading. A web page that is heavy on graphics will take too long to load on slow wireless connections. Prospective visitors may become bored or lose their patience and leave before they even get to access your site.
Images and pictures on your website can take ages to load on a mobile device. Eliminate or minimize their use on a mobile website.
Keep your website clean and simple, and use the largest font sizes possible for easier reading and viewing.
Don’t forget that visitors are viewing your site on a tiny screen.